[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Fri May 6 07:23:35 MST 2005

Jerris, Michael MI wrote:
>> Paul Cadach wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> 5) T.38 support;
>>
>> Yes. I feel this is a must for 1.2. People have been waiting
>> a long time for this. T38 is the only reason why we purchased
>> a Cisco 5300 a few months ago instead of another asterisk box.
>
> A must as in you are offering to do it or pay for it, or a must in
> that we should never release 1.2 until it is complete.  I don't think
> we can realistically hold up anything for T.38.  If someone is
> willing to make it happen, great.  I will put my name firmly in the
> that would be really nice column.

Suposedly Steve Underwood has been working on it for many months. He
recently told me that he was close to completion. I've sent him many many
emails offering to help test/debug/etc but they always go unanswered. There
is $3000 bounty in place.

At the very least, T38 pass-thru should be added. It seemed very
"microsoft-ish" to me when I tried to send T38 thru asterisk and asterisk
said "what the crap is that? deny!"

-Matthew