[Asterisk-Dev] Queue and call drop out

Hieu Tran hieutrananh at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 01:28:21 MST 2005

Dear all,

Please accept my appologies if what i'm gonna ask is
not what should be sent here. I came here after a near
exhausted search for a good explanation.

Anyway, the problem is with the Queue and/or Dial
cmds. I created a queue of a single, dynamically added
agent. The 2nd call to the queue will hear music as
the agent is busy. After approx. 90 seconds, the 2nd
caller drops out while the agent is still busy with
the first caller. This happens every single time. NB.
Both callers call to * via UniCall channels.

The queue log file shows a "ABANDON" queue event after
90 seconds. CLI shows a "Channel 0 hangup".

Can someone explain to me what might have happened? Is
that something to do with Local channel's
preconfigured timeout? How queue, agents, local
channels work together, by the way? I hope that with
your deep understanding in the implementation of *,
you can shed some light on this problem.

Regards,

H Tran