[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

Fri May 6 01:21:34 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 09:39 +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 12:21:05PM +0600, Paul Cadach wrote:
>
> > Also, ztdummy isn't works well under VMware (which is very helpful
> > for testing/debugging under high system loads),
> > because VMware's USB interrupts comes about 1 time of 6, so interrupt
> > frequency is about 166 ints/sec instead of 1000
> > ints/sec required by zaptel.
>
> I don't have vmware, but I do use qemu, which totally lacks usb support.
> With 2.4 I could not load ztdummy. With 2.6 (Debian's 2.6.8) it loaded
> just fine. Again: ztdummy there uses generic (linux) kernel interfaces,
> and should work fine on other (linux) platforms.
>
> Time for you to try kernel 2.6. It is not experimental anymore.

AFAIK, there were some people who had ztdummy working on BSD systems??
Or maybe I am wrong...

> And agin: I'm not happy with the dependence on a kernel-level support
> but so far I can live with it. I have not invastigated alternatives.
> If you want to make this discussion productive, you probably should
> suggest alternatives.

I don't really mind either way, but if there are alternatives which are
equally as reliable, then I suppose it would be better. However, you are
likely to need to write it yourself/find someone else to write it, as I
don't see most developers spending so much time on this kind of work
(ie, it already works, and most people are quite happy with it).

Either way, I don't see that this should be required for 1.2.0 release.
I would like to see more work done on exposing the call quality
(jitter/etc) values for a 1.2.0 release though.

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev
Website Managers