[Asterisk-Dev] Dev call 1.2 release discussion

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu May 5 23:39:38 MST 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 12:21:05PM +0600, Paul Cadach wrote:

> Also, ztdummy isn't works well under VMware (which is very helpful
> for testing/debugging under high system loads),
> because VMware's USB interrupts comes about 1 time of 6, so interrupt
> frequency is about 166 ints/sec instead of 1000
> ints/sec required by zaptel.

I don't have vmware, but I do use qemu, which totally lacks usb support.
With 2.4 I could not load ztdummy. With 2.6 (Debian's 2.6.8) it loaded
just fine. Again: ztdummy there uses generic (linux) kernel interfaces,
and should work fine on other (linux) platforms.

Time for you to try kernel 2.6. It is not experimental anymore.

And agin: I'm not happy with the dependence on a kernel-level support
but so far I can live with it. I have not invastigated alternatives.
If you want to make this discussion productive, you probably should
suggest alternatives.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com