[Asterisk-Dev] Major dialplan functions rework

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Thu May 5 09:00:45 MST 2005

On Thu May 05, 2005 at 08:07:51AM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> >However, Solaris strip doesn't support the -N flag. Is this strip needed?
> >I've just commented it out on my version, without any ill effects.
>
> It's needed so that the exposed struct variables from the func_*.c files
> don't end up being exposed in the final .so file. If this turns out to
> be a non-portable thing, we'll find another solution.
>
> Does strip on Solaris provide any other means of removing only specified
> symbols from an object file?

Stock Solaris strip doesn't, no:

OPTIONS
     The amount of information stripped from the  ELF object file
     can be controlled by using any of the following options:

     -b    Same effect as the default behavior.  This  option  is
           obsolete and will be removed in the next release.

     -l    Strip line number information only; do not  strip  the
           symbol table or debugging information.

     -r    Same effect as the default behavior.  This  option  is
           obsolete and will be removed in the next release.

     -V    Print,  on  standard  error,  the  version  number  of
           strip.

     -x    Do not strip the  symbol  table;  debugging  and  line
           number information may be stripped.

One option is to require GNU strip? Not my preferred solution, but we already
require GNU make.

Can the structs not be defined as static? Or are they shared between objects
in pbx_functions.so, but not expected to be shared outside?

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart | * Sun Server Colocation * ADSL * Domain Registration *
   Director    |    * Domain & Web Hosting * Internet Consultancy *