[Asterisk-Dev] Major dialplan functions rework

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed May 4 23:36:57 MST 2005

See the commit just posted to asterisk-cvs... I made some significant
changes in preparation for the bevy of new functions that are coming as
people start converting existing applications to functions.

There are some non-backwards-compatible changes here:

- 'struct ast_custom_function_obj' became 'struct ast_custom_function'
to match the other API structs (ast_cli_entry, etc.)
- the regex, isnull, if and exists functions changed to REGEX, ISNULL,
IF and EXISTS to match the new naming policy
- functions are now to be stored in source files in the funcs
subdirectory, instead of in pbx.c; see the Makefile in that directory if
you are interested in how they all end up in pbx_functions.so

If you have out-of-tree functions, I'm sorry for the little bit of extra
work to update (just a search and replace), but hopefully the ability to
drop them into the funcs subdirectory and have them built automatically
will ease your pain :-)