[Asterisk-Dev] PRI/Zap

Tais M. Hansen tmh at comx.dk
Wed May 4 10:58:35 MST 2005

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 18:19, Steven wrote:
> The original poster mentioned that the telco is rejecting the port
> selection for an outbound call. since it isn't being registered as a
> failed call, asterisk may not attempt a new port. When I was trying to
> use the function, we had a legacy machine answering analog ports from
> asterisk. Sometimes the ports wouldn't answer and asterisk wouldn't move
> on to another port till it had answered or a simultaneous call went
> through and answered on the next available port.

Asterisk apparently sees this as "not answered" (DIALSTATUS=NOANSWER). This
looks like a valid attempt to call someone, so I'm assuming that it will
choose a higher channel at the next dial attempt. I can't provoke this error
though, so I won't know for sure until the next time I log hundreds of
dropped calls...

--
Regards,
Tais M. Hansen