[Asterisk-Dev] PRI/Zap

Steven critch at basesys.com
Wed May 4 09:19:33 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 11:41 -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On May 4, 2005 10:47 am, Matthew Boehm wrote:
> > Uh..it already does RoundRobin..
> >
> > Dial(ZAP/R1/5551212,30)
> >
> > The "R" tells Zap to continonsly traverse Group 1 backwards.
>
> I thought that was "G1" (group 1 descending) and "g1" (group 1 ascending) --
> at least it's been working that way for me for the past 10 months...

This is really turning into a -user question. The differences between
[Gg] and [Rr] have to do with where the next attempt happens. The [Gg]
options always start at the extreme end specified and search through the
group until an open port is found. The [Rr] options start at the next
port that would have been tried and cycle through till a port is found
to be available.

The only problem I have found with round robin as an attempt to choose a
new port when something out of the ordinary causes a port to be
unavailable is that asterisk won't continue on to the next port unless
the you get simultaneous setups and one passes the "down" port.

The original poster mentioned that the telco is rejecting the port
selection for an outbound call. since it isn't being registered as a
failed call, asterisk may not attempt a new port. When I was trying to
use the function, we had a legacy machine answering analog ports from
asterisk. Sometimes the ports wouldn't answer and asterisk wouldn't move
on to another port till it had answered or a simultaneous call went
through and answered on the next available port.

So as usual, our best solution is to properly handle the rejected
port.
--
Steven <critch at basesys.com>