[Asterisk-Dev] ZAPTEL driver questions - loop start hangup

Matthew Butt mjb at tricycleinc.com
Wed May 4 08:01:08 MST 2005

> > I'm trying to get UK BT Featurelines running with X100P cards.  BT
tell
> > me that they're running Loopstart but without disconnect
supervision.
> > When a caller hangs up BT don't send any kind of busy/dial tone so
> > there's no audible way of telling that a call has finished.
> >
> > With the zap drivers running fxs_ls in debug mode I can see NO
BATTERY
> > then BATTERY (is this called a debounce?) when the caller hangs up
but:

> > a) the drivers don't signal a disconnect when this happens (even
though
> > they detect NO BATTERY then BATTERY)
> > b) if I enable ZERO_BATT_RING, the drivers do signal disconnect but
> > asterisk does nothing
> >
> > In case b) I checked __zt_hooksig_pvt in zaptel.c and notice that it
> > doesn't do anything if you're running ZT_SIG_FXSLS (there are only
> > entries for FXSKS and FXSGS).
> >
> > So my questions:
> >
> > 1) I know ZERO_BATT_RING should not be used - is there any other way
> > should be detecting this in wcfxo.c?
> > 2) Why do disconnect signals not get passed through to Asterisk from
> > zaptel.c if you're running loopstart?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > PS I'm new to telephony & signaling so feel free to point out my
obvious
> > mistakes ;)
>
> Just a guess here... you mention wcfxo.c (used with the x100p). Over
> the last several months of watching the cvs list, there has been at
> least some enhancements to wctdm (used with the TDM card), but I don't
> remember seeing those same enhancements being applied to wcfxo (since
> digium essentially discontinued the x100p).
>
> Since the wctdm.c code was initially derived from the wcfxo.c, might
> browse around wctdm.c to see if you can spot enhancements that
> addresses the issue. Just seems to me that Mark did some work on
> wctdm a few months ago for your exact problem.

Thanks for the pointers.  I had a look through the cvs list back to
middle of last year and couldn't find anything relevant in wctdm or
wct4xxx - was I looking in the wrong place? I've also had a look at
wctdm.c and it differs quite a bit (in my eyes!) to wcfxo.c.

However, I've made some mods to wcfxo.c and they appear to work.  I'll
let them run for a bit and see if they do indeed solve the problem then
submit them as a patch.  In the meantime I'd like someone "in the know"
to have a quick look over my changes to see if there's anything
obviously stupid I've done.  Any volunteers?!

Thanks,

Matt