[Asterisk-Dev] New Wiki page: Asterisk Internal Architecture Overview

Kristian Nielsen kn at sifira.dk
Wed May 4 04:11:54 MST 2005

As a relative newcomer to Asterisk I found it somewhat hard to get
started writing a new channel driver. I search for some documentation on
how the core processing in Asterisk works, but did not find anything. So
after reading through the source for some time I wrote up a short
overview that I think would have help me get started more quickly.

I put it up in the Wiki at

    http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+Internal+Architecture+Overview

Maybe others will find it useful. Feel free to add corrections and
additional information.

 - Kristian.

Kristian Nielsen   kn at sifira.dk
Development Manager, Sifira A/S