[Asterisk-Dev] iax spec

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Wed May 4 01:02:11 MST 2005

Hi,
 So, is "StopSounds" being phased in or out ?

 I had a look through the asterisk cvs
               :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot

 and saw no mention of stopsounds in asterisk/include/asterisk/frame.h
in the list of control frame types.

A search through the source did not find a 255 that was related to a
"stopsounds". This was a quick search with grep - surely the asterisk
people would not be using magic numbers.

yes, it is possible someone is assigning a -1 to a byte value, to get 255.
  I did not search for instances of -1 in the iax channel source.

So please tell me: what is the status of "stop sounds"   ?
Maybe, your answer can be written into the spec.

Derek.