[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Authenticated NOTIFY support working -- sorta

Charles Duffy cduffy at spamcop.net
Tue May 3 18:06:01 MST 2005

I've continued this, with a working[*] version of the patch, at
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=4151

On Tue, 03 May 2005 20:48:42 +0200, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Who challenges NOTIFY messages?

Sipura SPA-841s (and presumably other models) do -- particularly NOTIFY
messages with an Event set to ask them to do something interesting.

> > Except that whenever this code is enabled, the phone (a Sipura
> > SPA-841) responds with another 401, as opposed to the 200 it returns
> > when the relevant code is commented out. This has me somewhat
> > confused.
> Mail me a SIP debug of that transaction.

It's no longer happening in the version of the patch attached to the bug
-- but, if you like, I could reapply the old one.

[*] - well, mostly working. At some point the phones are prone to deciding
they don't want to respond to NOTIFY messages with interesting Events set,
and don't do so anymore until they're rebooted. For the moment, I'm
inclined to call this a bug in the phones.