[Asterisk-Dev] Authenticated NOTIFY support working -- sorta

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue May 3 11:48:42 MST 2005

Charles Duffy wrote:
> To persuede NOTIFY events to authenticate, I found the following to be
> necessary:
>
> - Stop unnecessarily reassigning the call ID on outgoing notify events
Right. What's needed is to use the CAll ID on the SUBSCRIBE that some
phones do for MWI notifications...

> - Set the SIP_OUTGOING flag on outgoing notify events
Guess that's another "oops".

> - Mirror (pretty much) the SIP_INVITE logic in
> chan_sip.c:handle_response()

Who challenges NOTIFY messages?

> Except that whenever this code is enabled, the phone (a Sipura SPA-841)
> responds with another 401, as opposed to the 200 it returns when the
> relevant code is commented out. This has me somewhat confused.
Mail me a SIP debug of that transaction.

> The work-in-progress patch, with the bits to add the user-requested
> headers to the authenticated packet commented out (well, surrounded in a
> #if 0...#endif block), is attached. Comments/suggestions very much
> appreciated.
I will look at this, but want to modify so that we can authenticate any
challenged message. Someone asked for a similar feature in the bug tracker.

/O