[Asterisk-Dev] ZAPTEL driver questions - loop start hangup

Matthew Butt mjb at tricycleinc.com
Tue May 3 09:44:27 MST 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to get UK BT Featurelines running with X100P cards.  BT tell
me that they're running Loopstart but without disconnect supervision.
When a caller hangs up BT don't send any kind of busy/dial tone so
there's no audible way of telling that a call has finished.

With the zap drivers running fxs_ls in debug mode I can see NO BATTERY
then BATTERY (is this called a debounce?) when the caller hangs up but:

a) the drivers don't signal a disconnect when this happens (even though
they detect NO BATTERY then BATTERY)
b) if I enable ZERO_BATT_RING, the drivers do signal disconnect but
asterisk does nothing

In case b) I checked __zt_hooksig_pvt in zaptel.c and notice that it
doesn't do anything if you're running ZT_SIG_FXSLS (there are only
entries for FXSKS and FXSGS).

So my questions:

1) I know ZERO_BATT_RING should not be used - is there any other way I
should be detecting this in wcfxo.c?
2) Why do disconnect signals not get passed through to Asterisk from
zaptel.c if you're running loopstart?

Thanks!

PS I'm new to telephony & signaling so feel free to point out my obvious
mistakes ;)

Matt Butt