[Asterisk-Dev] Immediate return from pbx_exec?

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Mar 31 22:39:50 MST 2005

OK, so I did understand the code.  I suppose that is good.

Now, you mention the manager interface, does that mean I can
do this:
	1.  Enter my app from the dial plan, attached to the channel
	2.  Perform the validation steps
	3.  Issue a manager command to redirect the channel into the
		MeetMe

Reading my own question, I see that the anwser is no.  Unless I
rewrite the application as an external app, and use an agi to pass
it the channel for streaming purposes and monitoring.

Does that sum it up pretty accurately?

Thanks,
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Kevin P.
Fleming
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 8:54 PM
To: Asterisk Developers Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Immediate return from pbx_exec?

Dan Austin wrote:

> Sorry if I am tripping up on the terminology.  I am using pbx_exec
> to send a caller (channel) into MeetMe, I then need to have control
> return to my application so I can perform additional tasks before the
> caller exits the conference.

Unfortunately you can't do that :-) If you transfer the channel that you

are running on into a conference, you cannot easily continue executing,
because the channel is now running in app_meetme.

The best way to handle this will be via the Manager interface or AGI,
where you can redirect an existing channel into the conference and then
do more operations on it.
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: