[Asterisk-Dev] Immediate return from pbx_exec?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Thu Mar 31 21:53:44 MST 2005

Dan Austin wrote:

> Sorry if I am tripping up on the terminology.  I am using pbx_exec
> to send a caller (channel) into MeetMe, I then need to have control
> return to my application so I can perform additional tasks before the
> caller exits the conference.

Unfortunately you can't do that :-) If you transfer the channel that you
are running on into a conference, you cannot easily continue executing,
because the channel is now running in app_meetme.

The best way to handle this will be via the Manager interface or AGI,
where you can redirect an existing channel into the conference and then
do more operations on it.