[Asterisk-Dev] rtpchecksums=no enables rtp checksums?

Mikael Magnusson mikaelmagnusson at glocalnet.net
Thu Mar 31 05:27:17 MST 2005

I think the rtpchecksums option in rtp.conf is very confusing.

To enable udp checksums in rtp packages I have to use "rtpchecksums=no"
and "rtpchecksums=yes" is the default and it disables the checksums!
It doesn't make sense. It should be the opposite, rtpchecksums=yes
should _enable_ checksums and not disable.

I discovered this peculiarity since I'm hacking IPv6 support in
Asterisk and udp checksums are mandatory in IPv6.

I'm using Asterisk CVS-HEAD-03/25/05-19:56:44.

Regards,
Mikael Magnusson