[Asterisk-Dev] Real UniqueIDs (GUID/UUID) for CDRs

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Wed Mar 30 14:31:51 MST 2005

>This approach has some limitations. We are currently using the UniqueId
>obtained via the Manager API combined with an id repesenting the
>asterisk node to store additional information about a call. This patch
>would make it much harder to correlate this data with the corresponding
>CDR later on.
>
>Why not just making the UniqueID really unique?
>That would make it usable as a hash key, solve the CDR issues and retain
>the correlation of data associated with the UniqueID and CDR.

Well, we could just dump the GUID into the uniqueid field, but it is 32 in
length, and I'd have to increase it to 33 (minimum) or 37 (preferred, to
keep nice format). I figured increasing a field like that would probably
cause a ton of problems throughout the code that relies on it being 32 (say,
database fields). Maybe someone who knows more can chime in here...

-Michael