[Asterisk-Dev] VOICEMAIL: context messages

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Mar 27 09:45:34 MST 2005

On Sunday 27 March 2005 09:03, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > No, but the real point was to show how voicemail.conf could be
> > changed to allow multiple options, without running into the
> > current problem of a limited length of the options field.
>
> Yes, I agree 100% with that.
>
> In fact, I'd support someone implementing a "version 2"
> configuration syntax that would be used when a "version=2" setting
> was found in the [general] section of voicemail.conf.
>
> The only hard part about implementing it will be writing updated
> passwords back into the file, but I'm sure that can be accomplished
> (and probably more safely than with the current syntax).

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of sip.conf and
iax.conf--that we could more easily do an encrypted password (stored
elsewhere, like in either astdb or odbc) with an alternate auth=
setting.  But yes, we can also rewrite the new config style, though
not as easily as the current config style.  I'd really prefer if
everybody who has access to add new users don't by default see the
current passwords of everybody already on the system.  That's a long
running complaint of mine that I had patched for the original
Voicemail, but hadn't ported to Voicemail2.

--
Tilghman