[Asterisk-Dev] VOICEMAIL: context messages

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sun Mar 27 08:03:15 MST 2005

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> No, but the real point was to show how voicemail.conf could be
> changed to allow multiple options, without running into the current
> problem of a limited length of the options field.

Yes, I agree 100% with that.

In fact, I'd support someone implementing a "version 2" configuration
syntax that would be used when a "version=2" setting was found in the
[general] section of voicemail.conf.

The only hard part about implementing it will be writing updated
passwords back into the file, but I'm sure that can be accomplished (and
probably more safely than with the current syntax).