[Asterisk-Dev] app_dial Caller ID behavior

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Fri Mar 25 12:28:33 MST 2005

Hello,

Matthew Simpson wrote:
> > For those just tuning in, there was a change a couple months ago to make
> > the Caller ID of the outbound leg of the call the destination extension
> > instead of the Caller ID that was on the inbound leg of the call
>
> Why would anyone want to do this ?  I don't understand ?

Most of telecoms uses callerid for billing purposes, so usage of invalid callerid could cause invalid billing
(especially for long-distance and international calls). But there is a way to have "redirecting number" along with
callerid to point redirector as billing party. So, may be there is needs to re-work all number processing technique in
the future to be more telecom-compatible ;-)

WBR,
Paul.