[Asterisk-Dev] removing limitation of ast_channel::nativeformats to one codec (with patch)

Valentin Nechayev netch at portaone.com
Thu Mar 24 09:24:35 MST 2005

Hi,

 Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 08:12:41, kpfleming wrote about "Re: [Asterisk-Dev] removing limitation of ast_channel::nativeformats to?one codec (with patch)":

> >G.729
> >as preferred (and played g729 recorded sound using standard "dummy" codec
> >library), then had got G.711u input and had fallen into situation it can't
> >recode g729 sound file to re-switched G.711u codec.
> >I created a patch (attached below) which fixes this in our tests.
>
> Before spending time on issues like this, it would be valuable for you
> to watch/search the activity in Mantis to see if the issue is already
> being worked on.
>
> In this case, the work in bug 3346 is headed towards your goal, and will
> eventually include something like what you implemented (although a more
> complete implementation will need to be done for all channel drivers).

I've read #3346 and it seems to be rather orthogonal to the idea I showed.
#3346 focuses on having one preferred codec and keeping current situation
that codecs of both directions have to be the same (I saw
preferred_codec_rev2.diff.txt in the ticket; at least for chan_sip.c it keeps
the problem). Our requirement is to allow work in situation when codecs on
input and output can be different.

In any case thanks for your criticism.

--
Valentin Nechayev