[Asterisk-Dev] removing limitation of ast_channel::nativeformats to one codec (with patch)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Thu Mar 24 08:12:41 MST 2005

Valentin Nechayev wrote:
> Hi,
> we had got problem with interaction of Sipura2000 and Asterisk when the latter
> plays sound (using Playback()) and gets stream of another selected codec
> at its input. Due to internal codec preference order, Asterisk had got G.729
> as preferred (and played g729 recorded sound using standard "dummy" codec
> library), then had got G.711u input and had fallen into situation it can't
> recode g729 sound file to re-switched G.711u codec.
> I created a patch (attached below) which fixes this in our tests.

Before spending time on issues like this, it would be valuable for you
to watch/search the activity in Mantis to see if the issue is already
being worked on.

In this case, the work in bug 3346 is headed towards your goal, and will
eventually include something like what you implemented (although a more
complete implementation will need to be done for all channel drivers).