[Asterisk-Dev] codec negotiation issue

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Wed Mar 23 20:04:53 MST 2005

Look for my codec passthrough patch. While there might be some work in the
future, the only way to negotiate the final codec when you first get the
call in is to somehow know where the call will end up. The dialplan can't do
this. You _must_ patch the channel to execute some other logic before
receiving the call.

-Michael