[Asterisk-Dev] Sip Call-ID

Chuck Ramirez chuck_ramirez at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 08:34:57 MST 2005

Hello,

I'm facing some problems with call-id generation in a
heavily loaded Asterisk Server.

Asterisk is generating same call-id and from tag for
different calls (and this is not desirable).

Looking at the source code I noticed that rand() is
used four times to get a callid. Is that safe enough?

Maybe my system lacks of a good random number
generator. Is that possible? What is necessary for a
linux box (Debian, in my case) to achieve good random
numbers?

Best Regards,

Chuck.