[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk and Sphinx integration

Stephan A. Edelman stephan at newace.ca
Tue Mar 22 06:35:27 MST 2005

Hello all,

I've integrated Asterisk (CVS) and Sphinx 3.5 with a bit of hacking. I have it working correctly but only for a locally connected POTS phone on the FXS port of a TDM4400P (with 2 FXS / 2 FXO modules).

When I call into Asterisk over the PSTN, the recognition rate is very poor or non-existent. I've determined that this is because the amplitude of the audio data fed to Sphinx is very low (at least 5dB down compared to when a POTS call is made).

Are there any AGC adjustments or otherwise manual volume adjustments that can be made on the hardware?

My other question concerns the Sphinx recognition database. It appears it only recognizes, ABC...Z (spelled out), numbers, months, YES, NO, etc.

Does anyone have a more elaborate database that includes CUSTOMER SERVICE, SUPPORT, SALES, etc.

Regards,

Stephan.