[Asterisk-Dev] Answer Supervision for incoming calls in Asterisk

Sun Mar 20 22:55:07 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 23:23 -0600, Fernando Romo wrote:
> Asterisk can handle this schema? with Answer app? if i put a "Playback"
> sound and the "answer" apps in  the dial plan is enough for this
> purposes? in my test the asterisk inmediate answer the line and send the
> "answer supervision" bits inmidiatly.

Yep.
exten => s,1,playback(something,noanswer)
exten => s,2,answer
exten => s,3,.... chargeable service stuff

However, when calling from my mobile phone (Optus Australia) to
asterisk, and doing this, I didn't hear anything from the playback, just
silence. Eventually, asterisk answers, and then I hear audio. (Even
though it worked from landlines, and other mobiles). So, your 'warning'
may not be enough for some people ??

Regards,
Adam
Adam Goryachev