[Asterisk-Dev] Answer Supervision for incoming calls in Asterisk

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sun Mar 20 22:33:23 MST 2005

Fernando Romo wrote:

> Asterisk can handle this schema? with Answer app? if i put a "Playback"
> sound and the "answer" apps in  the dial plan is enough for this
> purposes? in my test the asterisk inmediate answer the line and send the
> "answer supervision" bits inmidiatly.

This is a -users question, not a -dev question.

Yes, the Playback() app can be told to play the sound file _without_
answering the line first. Once that is done (and a suitable time period
has elapsed), the Answer() app will actually answer the line and begin
billing (both within Asterisk and on the telco side).

Note that before you have answered the line you cannot _receive_ any
audio or DTMF from the caller, so presumably your message will just tell
them they have some amount of time to hang up before billing starts.