[Asterisk-Dev] H.323 channel driver problems

Chih-Wei Huang cwhuang at citron.com.tw
Fri Mar 18 00:51:47 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Thanks! Your first mail was very well written, but please in the future
> refrain from sending HTML mail and try to configure your email client to
> send text in ISO-8859-1 instead of Big5, since the primary language and
> readership of this list speak English.

Thank you for the comment.
I use thunderbird as the MUA.
I think my previous was sent in plain text,
as shown in the content-type. (I also hate HTML email)
For the encoding problem, yes, it's Big5.
But I believe it won't cause problem since I didn't use any
Chinese Big5 character in my email.
If this is an issue, I apology.

> While your comments are useful, I believe that Digium has an entirely
> new H.323 channel driver in the works and may be replacing chan_h323
> soon (at least that was talked about at last week's VON show). It might
> be a good idea to contact them directly (since the relevant people don't
> monitor this list) and confirm that, before you spend any more time
> working on chan_h323. You might even be able to help them test and
> integrate the new driver, since you have so much experience with the
> protocol.

Yes, I'm familiar with H323 protocol, Openh323 library and
gatekeeper design.

So do you mean that we would have the third H323 channel driver?
We already have two H323 drivers. I don't think that re-invent
the wheel is a good idea.

If the guys in Digium has already written the new driver almost
completely to replace the old one , that's ok.
I'd like to share my expertise with them.
But if they just "plan" to write the new one, I would suggest
don't do so. chan_h323 is not good enough, but fixable.
Of course, I will be one volunteer to improve it.

SO... How can I contact them?
I'm curious why they are not in this list.
The list is dedicated for the developers.
Isn't it?

--
    ~     Chih-Wei Huang (cwhuang at citron.com.tw)
   'v'    CTO, Citron Network Inc. ( http://www.citron.com.tw/ )