[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk SS7

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Mon Mar 14 10:55:36 MST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> Steve Underwood wrote:
>
> >  We licence this software commercially, so we supply it with a
> > commercially licenced copy of Asterisk.
>
> This is not a correct statement.    You license your module(s) to
> asterisk under a non-gpl license.  The rest of Asterisk is still very
> much GPL.

Isn't it? I thought Digium supplied commercial licenes for Asterisk
including licenses to distribute Asterisk and any modifications under
terms different from the GPL.

The commercialy licensed Asterisk *from Digium* is always the same as the
GPLed version. I think the commercial license allows for non-gpl
distribution.

Peter