[Asterisk-Dev] Evaluating trailing numbers in extensions.conf

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sun Mar 13 16:07:24 MST 2005

Harald Milz wrote:

> Hmm - please help me to understand that. If I omit "/sip", the call is
> transferred to the "s" extension. ${EXTEN} is then "s", right? At least
> that's what the debug log says:

No, the call is sent into the context looking for an extension that
matches the dialed number supplied by the provider.

> If I write
>
> exten => _ZXXX,1,Goto(intern,${EXTEN:12},1)

That pattern does not match your incoming number. A pattern that would
match would be _ZXXX., so that the pattern will match a number of any
length that starts with zero and has at least three digits following the
zero.