[Asterisk-Dev] Evaluating trailing numbers in extensions.conf

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Sun Mar 13 14:15:24 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at starnetworks.us> wrote:
> Harald Milz wrote:

> > register => NNNNNNN:XXXXXX at sipgate.de/sip

> You are overriding any extension supplied by sipgate and replacing it
> with 'sip'. If you don't do that, normal behavior should work fine (the
> called number should be the ${EXTEN} that gets dialed).

Hmm - please help me to understand that. If I omit "/sip", the call is
transferred to the "s" extension. ${EXTEN} is then "s", right? At least
that's what the debug log says:

sip.conf
[general]
context=incoming                        ; Default context for incoming calls
register => 7509301:XXXXXX at sipgate.de

extensions.conf
[incoming]
exten => s,1,Goto(intern,${EXTEN:12},1)

Mar 13 21:16:40 WARNING[8793]: pbx.c:2237 ast_pbx_run: Channel 'SIP/7509301-759a' sent into invalid extension 's' in context 'intern', but no invalid handler

("but no invalid handler" is a little confusing for me as a non-native
speaker. ...)

If I write

exten => _ZXXX,1,Goto(intern,${EXTEN:12},1)

instead, nothing gets transferred at all as there is apparently no match.

What am I missing here ???

--
When in doubt, do what the President does -- guess.