Antwort: Re: [Asterisk-Dev] "connected number" feedback

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Thu Mar 10 10:54:48 MST 2005

Roman Sidler wrote:

> [...]
>

>>>I made a trial with the field dnid(cvs head: cid_dnid), part of struct
>>>ast_channel. Per default it has the
>>>value of the dialed extension. Then I feed back this value on
>>>xxx_indicate()* by replacing the default value.
>>>So the real dialed extension is filled in on the "last" protocol in the
>>>chain.
>>>

>>It works, and doesn't seem to be so ugly. What do you think?
>>

>>Doesn't this cause information to be lost: I.e. you lose the dialed
>>number, but gain the connected "number"?
>>

>yes
>

>>Seems like you'd want to add a new field instead, right?
>>-SteveK
>>

>perhaps
>
>There are two things
>1. the initiating caller needs to know which number is dialing / connected
>   in the moment he doesn't see this on the incoming channel.
>   I'm missing the feedback, just AST_CONTROL_RING / AST_CONTROL_ANSWER is
>returned, but no more.
>   we use the protocol chain PRI->Iax2->Local->SIP.
>
>2. if the channel becomes connected the dialed number will be overwritten.
>   At the moment I don't see a problem there (?).

Wouldn't you want to keep the dialed number, to use in CDR records, etc?

I.e. a call comes in from a PRI, they have dialed some number <DNID>. It
goes through your dialplan, tries ringing a bunch of things, ends up
being forwarded out through a trunk to the PSTN again or something, to
<CNID>.

I imagine that people would want CDR records which have CLID (calling
line id), DNID (dialed number id), and CNID (connected number id).

-SteveK