[Asterisk-Dev] Intra-Frame request in VoiceMail and General use.

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Thu Mar 3 09:47:55 MST 2005

Nicolas FOURNIL wrote:

> Can anyone know how to ask for this intra-frame ? I've found some drafts
> about it (SDP extensions, RTCP Feedback) but I haven't found any RFC
> mecanism.
>
> And where is the best place where I will add this feature ? (chan_sip, sdp
> ??)

That's going to be a tough thing to do... it's certainly not supposed to
be in app_voicemail, it should not care at all about the channel
supplying the data (or what the data is).

I don't think it makes sense to be in the recording function either;
somehow the recording API needs to be able to tell the channel that it's
about to start recording, so the channel can do what's needed.

Is this required for any use of that particular codec (regardless of
whether SIP, IAX2, or otherwise) or is it SIP specific?