[Asterisk-Dev] MOH using native codecs in stable branch

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Wed Mar 2 18:08:16 MST 2005

On Mar 2, 2005, at 6:59 PM, Greg Boehnlein wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Brian West wrote:
>
>> Just use CVS-HEAD.... Think just because the "stable" branch has the
>> word stable in it... doesn't mean its stable.  CVS-HEAD is no less
>> stable than the stable branch.
>
> I just don't understand comments like this. The entire reason that a
> 1.0
> branch exists is to snapshot a release at a specific level, and work to

The problem is stable is old and is missing alot of the features people
are wanting.  Honestly we run CVS-HEAD without fail.  I can get WEEKS
of uptime and no crashing but we have done a lot of custom mods to
asterisk that may never make it back to the public due to the fact that
getting patches into CVS take ages and its just a pain in the ass to
keep patches up to date when they sit on the bug tracker and rot away.

/b