[Asterisk-Dev] Manager XML

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Mar 2 07:40:00 MST 2005

C. Maj wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Nicolás Gudiño waxed:
>

>>Hi Olle,
>>
>>Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>>

>>>Marks response was that he doesn't want to see any XML in manager.
>>>Period.

> Can this be generalized to no XML in Asterisk, period ?

I guess we have to ask Mark. I tried to update the SUBSCRIBE support to
the current IETF standard in chan_sip, but got a comment that "we gotta
stop all this XML stuff" - which is kind of strange, since this is just
an update patch to make sure we support the current version of something
that we already support. One way to parse his answer is that we have to
rip out the current support of precense notification for SNOM and
EyeBeam and not improve on it...

I can't believe that that is what Mark wants, I just hope that I
misunderstand him.

/Olle