[Asterisk-Dev] CVS Head-- Dialplan disappeared! -- RESOLUTION

James Golovich james at wwnet.net
Tue Jun 28 02:15:59 MST 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Brian West wrote:

> Problem is if the first line is bad it just ignores the WHOLE file.
>
> Not a good behavior in my mind.. but it does exactly that.  Just put
> something before the first (righthere)[section] and watch it not load
> anything out of the file:

Not just the first line.  Any line that is considered a fatal error.  If
you fail to include a closing bracket for a context its the same
situation.

The alternative is to ignore these errors but that leads to harder to
debug problems.  If the dialplan or some other file doesn't load at least
its obvious.  If someone hoses a context line and two contexts get merged
it might not be so obvious what the problem is.

James