[Asterisk-Dev] How can I see what a thread is doing?

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Mon Jun 27 11:33:14 MST 2005

Hey guys,
  We are having some problems with asterisk and echo and dropped calls.
I think it is because we have an old 4 proc P3 machine and can't put
thru more than 6-7 calls before we start getting echo and major jitter.
  I'm using "top" and are also displaying threads. There are 7 calls up
right now and I see about 15 threads spread amongst the CPUs. Most of
them are using 0% cpu. The top two threads are using about 50% each.
  How can I find out what these two threads are doing to use so much
CPU? Can I do this without causing harm to the system? I've got 71
peers/users and all but 20 are being "qualified". Can this be using up
lots of CPU?

Thanks,
Matthew