[Asterisk-Dev] GPL Violation alert.. (Actually, isn't)

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Sun Jun 26 22:35:01 MST 2005

Martin,
     Well I would still have to question why your wcfxo2.c differs
very little in structure,
but yet you removed the copyright notices totally giving no
attribution to digium or mark.

wcfxo.c is 1141 lines in cvs-head
wcfxo2.c is 591 lines from your site + 40 lines from wcfxo2-module.c

now I pose this question... How do we know you didn't move the GPL
functions out of the module into your
own module proprietary module?  We'll never know!

EXPORT_SYMBOL(kernel_module_wcfxo2_initialize); < wcfxo_initialize
exists in wcfxo.c
EXPORT_SYMBOL(kernel_module_wcfxo2_pci_tbl);  < wcfxo_pci_tbl exists
in wcfxo.c

Looks like smoke and mirrors.  I'm not trying to attack you or your
work just calling it like I see it.

And didn't you used to work for digium?

/b