[Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Asterisk-bsd] Re: moh issues

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Sun Jun 26 07:55:24 MST 2005

On Saturday 25 June 2005 09:12, Dinesh Nair wrote:
> On 06/15/05 18:57 Luigi Rizzo said the following:
> > Thanks. However I found where the problem is, and it affects also
> > FreeBSD 5.x and 6.x with the userland pthread library.
> > No idea that is the status with other BSD systems.
>
> i've come across this problem, though did not debug it as eloquently as you
> have in using MeetMe() in asterisk. with the standard pthreads library
> (libc_r), meetme blocks and the asterisk gets sluggish after just one user
> in the conference. recompiling with linuxthreads (lthreads) makes this go
> away, but then since chan_h323 is linked to openh323 (in the ports) and
> that isnt compiled with linux threads, chan_h323 cant yet be used in an
> lthreaded asterisk on freebsd 4.11.

Try using chan_woomera. It was designed to solve problems like this with
chan_h323 as it doesn't link openh323 directly into asterisk. As chan_woomera
was only released a couple of days ago it is missing a few of the features of
chan_h323 (like the ability to use the Asterisk's codec compression) but
these extra features will be added over the comming weeks. It should be much
more stable and scalable than chan_h323.

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/