[Asterisk-Dev] new problem with dialplan timeout

Thomas B. Clark digium at clark.durham.nc.us
Sat Jun 25 18:30:18 MST 2005

Beginning some time since the CVS-HEAD of 6/20/2005, a problem developed
with dialplans that depend on a timeout.  The problem is still present
at this time.  The example I quote below is on a zap channels, but it
exists on other channel types as well.

A call coming into the [nancymenu] context can successfully press '0' to
transfer to the [mainmenu] context.  However, a call that waits 7
seconds to get the default transfer to the [internal] context results in
the channel disconnecting instead of getting transferred.

I have not been able to figure out what changed. I'd appreciate any help.

Here is the relevant part of the dialplan:

[nancymenu]
exten => fax,1,Goto(internal,201,1)
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=7)
exten => s,3,Background(clark-nancymain)
exten => t,1,Goto(internal,nancy,1)
exten => 0,1,Goto(mainmenu,s,1)
exten => i,1,Playback(invalid)
include => internal

Here is what happens when a call comes into the context:

    -- Executing Goto("Zap/23-1", "nancymenu|s|1") in new stack
    -- Goto (nancymenu,s,1)
    -- Executing Answer("Zap/23-1", "") in new stack
    -- Executing Set("Zap/23-1", "TIMEOUT(response)=7") in new stack
    -- Response timeout set to 7
    -- Executing BackGround("Zap/23-1", "clark-nancymain") in new stack
    -- Playing 'clark-nancymain' (language 'en')
  == Auto fallthrough, channel 'Zap/23-1' status is 'UNKNOWN'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/23-1'