[Asterisk-Dev] New (Fast)AGI commands proposal

ml+asterisk.dev at oxymium.net ml+asterisk.dev at oxymium.net
Fri Jun 24 01:44:24 MST 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:50:15 -0500 Steven <critch at basesys.com> wrote:

 >| On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 00:06 +0200, ml+asterisk.dev at oxymium.net wrote:
 >| > Hi,
 >| >
 >| > I use FastAGI and need to put/get sounds file (or xml file for TTS rendering).
 >| > I'd like to implement the 3 following commands:
 >|
 >| TTS rendering should probably be accessed differently. You should
 >| already have access to the festival app from (fast)agi.

Yes, but I'd like to pass it ssml/xml unicoded data, not just raw ascii text
And it can also be used to play wsound files stored on app server.

 >| > o PUT SOUNDFILE <soundfilename>
 >| > <Base64 data>
 >| >
 >| > It will put the data into sounds/[context]/soundfilename
 >|
 >| Have you considered the latency that will cause?  Hopefully you are on a
 >| fast connection between the machines so there isn't anything else
 >| causing trouble, but you will still be rendering your TTS, transferring
 >| it to the asterisk box, then issuing the play command. Seems like you
 >| have 2 delays before sound starts coming out.

You're right but on a 100mbps it doesn't take too much time. I also play with cached generated files (testing it with ISEXIST SOUNDFILE).

 >| > o GET SOUNDFILE <soundfilename>
 >| >
 >| > It will return base64 data for file sounds/[context]/soundfilename
 >| >
 >| > Example:
 >| > GET SOUNDFILE tmp/mysound.wav
 >| >
 >| > will return:
 >| > 200 result=0 (<data size>)
 >| > <4952 4646 71e4 0000 4157 4556 6d66 2074
 >| > 0000 0020 0000 0000 ffe0 0000 0000 0020>
 >|
 >| Why not use the (fast)Eagi interface so any recordings are done on your
 >| app server with no need to delay interaction while transferring the
 >| audio data.

How do you do that with socket AGI ?

 >| All this and to mention that there are many file transfer options to
 >| move the files outside of the agi interface.

Do you have some hints ? I may be haven't found them :-)

Thank you !

Manuel