[Asterisk-Dev] New (Fast)AGI commands proposal

Steven critch at basesys.com
Thu Jun 23 20:50:15 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 00:06 +0200, ml+asterisk.dev at oxymium.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use FastAGI and need to put/get sounds file (or xml file for TTS rendering).
> I'd like to implement the 3 following commands:

TTS rendering should probably be accessed differently. You should
already have access to the festival app from (fast)agi.

> o PUT SOUNDFILE <soundfilename>
> <Base64 data>
>
> It will put the data into sounds/[context]/soundfilename

Have you considered the latency that will cause?  Hopefully you are on a
fast connection between the machines so there isn't anything else
causing trouble, but you will still be rendering your TTS, transferring
it to the asterisk box, then issuing the play command. Seems like you
have 2 delays before sound starts coming out.

> o GET SOUNDFILE <soundfilename>
>
> It will return base64 data for file sounds/[context]/soundfilename
>
> Example:
> GET SOUNDFILE tmp/mysound.wav
>
> will return:
> 200 result=0 (<data size>)
> <4952 4646 71e4 0000 4157 4556 6d66 2074
> 0000 0020 0000 0000 ffe0 0000 0000 0020>

Why not use the (fast)Eagi interface so any recordings are done on your
app server with no need to delay interaction while transferring the
audio data.

All this and to mention that there are many file transfer options to
move the files outside of the agi interface.
--
Steven <critch at basesys.com>