[Asterisk-Dev] Sr. Telephony Design Engineer Position
tech at ebajobs.com
Tue Jun 21 10:36:05 MST 2005
Sr. Telephony Design Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Keywords: Telephony, T1 PSTN, IP setup, SIP, MGCP, RTP, TCP/IP, SS7,
H.323, IPDC, ISDN, INAP, VoIP, VoATM, VoDSL, Cisco, Sonus, Avaya, Nortel
Our client is the leading provider of Web communications services that
enable greater productivity and cost-efficiency across the enterprise.
Their advanced technology enables advanced services to integrate voice,
video, and data to offer true interactivity and Web communications
across multiple geographies and platforms.
This position involves the architecture, design, implementation, and
support of the next generation Telephony Infrastructure for our Voice
Teleconference product with sophisticated integration/interface support
for the Software Engineering group.
The position will be responsible for:
· Participating in the development of all levels of teleconference
direction (overall design/architecture, availability, reliability,
scalability, disaster recovery, capacity planning, vendor relations, etc.)
· Provide implementation support to Operations and Software Engineering
group including systems architecture, integration, and installation.
· Assist in supporting day-to-day operational changes on our production
· Being the liaison between software engineering, sales, marketing, etc.
for telephony engineering.
· Developing a teleconference strategy for the domestic and other global
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
· B.S./B.A. in Computer Science/Engineering/Business is preferred.
· 8+ years experience in a telephony related environment (production
switches, call bridges, media gateways, media servers, packet switch etc.)
· Telco/Carrier background a plus
· Sun Certified Systems Administrator Certification a plus.
· Experience designing and implementing next-generation data and voice
· Experience with packetized voice infrastructure required.
· Extensive knowledge of T1 PSTN and IP setup and framing is beneficial.
· Must have a strong Telephony troubleshooting background. Must have
experience with WEB enabled gateways. .
· Extensive knowledge of standard telecommunication protocols including
SIP, MGCP, RTP, TCP/IP, SS7, SIP, H.323, MGCP, IPDC, Megaco, ISDN and INAP.
· Technical understanding of packet telephony (VoIP, VoATM, VoDSL)
· Excellent understanding of how to properly use these protocols for
implementing traffic engineering, QoS, multi-site VPNs, and voice
· Must have the ability to partner with other teams cross projects.
· This person must have a flexible work attitude and be able to work in
a small team environment and manage/mentor/lead other telephony
· Hands-on experience with Cisco, Sonus, Avaya, Nortel, Lucent switches
· Requires an advanced System and Hardware integration experience.
Proven ability to work w/hardware, software and manufacturing engineers.
· Experience with Windows NT, Solaris, Linux including services, and
· Proven ability to coordinate all vendor management and relationship
· Project planning and scheduling, including strategic planning and
· Be able to generate resource utilization report and capacity forecast
· Must have strong verbal and written communication skills specifically
in the areas of writing and organizing technical documents
· Must be able to create and adhere to a project plan (with proven
ability to document business processes).
· Skilled in the areas of problem solving, organizational skills, and
attention to detail.
· A hard working self-starter that is results oriented, that can work
If you are interested, please call or email me.
Edward Bell Associates
tech at ebajobs.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the asterisk-dev