[Asterisk-Dev] PBXfreeware.org Open for business! / JavaScript module for Asterisk Unveiled!

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Mon Jun 20 11:23:06 MST 2005

June 20th, 2005

PBXfreeware.org Open for business!

Anthony Minessale II, CTO and implementer of Asterlink, has announced
the grand opening of PBXfreeware.org, a new site designed to supply
the open source PBX community with access to contributed open source
applications. To kick start the release, Anthony has uploaded a few
of his own popular open source modules for Asterisk namely res_perl,
res_sqlite and app_valetparking as well as a brand new module just
released today. "The site is not complete as far as my final vision
is concerned but we decided it was important to get it up and running
so we can set the code distribution process in motion.", Minessale
remarked. Anthony is also hosting the upcoming ClueCon Open Source
PBX Conference (http://www.cluecon.com). If you are unfamiliar with
his work a list of his more popular Asterisk contributions can be
found at http://www.cluecon.com/anthm.html

June 20th, 2005

JavaScript module for Asterisk Unveiled!

Anthony Minessale II, CTO and implementer of Asterlink and producer
of the upcoming ClueCon Open Source PBX Conference (http://
www.cluecon.com) has announced the immediate availability of res_js,
a JavaScript module for the Asterisk Open Source PBX. The module
embeds a live JavaScript interpreter in the Asterisk server and makes
it possible to execute .js files as IVR scripts the module comes with
a large example script that showcases all of the Asterisk-specific
usage. One of the most robust features allows you to white or black
list application names, variable names and function calls in a
special security mode that makes it possible to extend permission to
the end user to manage his or her own IVR scripting and prevent abuse.

Brian West
Asterlink.com
877-278-7565 x 1000

---
Anakin: “You’re either with me, or you’re my enemy.”
Obi-Wan: “Only a Sith could be an absolutist.”