[Asterisk-Dev] IAX codec negociation (again...)

Goldenear goldenear at free.fr
Mon Jun 20 06:49:42 MST 2005

I agree with you. we should have the choice between forcing the use of
the prefered codec (even if that sometimes means transcoding) or forcing
codec negociation and avoid transcoding.

Also, it would be very usefull if we could define both incoming/outgoing
codec(s) for each phone/enpoint in iax.conf and sip.conf. At the moment,
I far as I know, only the incoming codec(s) can be specified separatly
for each client... outgoing codecs are common for all clients.