[Asterisk-Dev] Keeping users, extensions, voicemail and so on in DB

Irakli Natsvlishvili iraklin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:44:21 MST 2005

Hello,

I have one question regarding *. Default configuration for asterisk is to
keep configuration(s) in ordinary text based config files.

My question is simple: is it possible to keep those config info (at least,
to start from - sip.conf, extensions.conf and voicemail.conf) on a database,
which asterisk access via ODBC. If it is possible, I'd appreciate if someone
points me where I can read more about it and shows me some examples. Also
I'd like to know, how asterisk behaves (in terms of stability and
performance) in this environment.

I.N.