[Asterisk-Dev] PRI receive and answer supervision

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Sun Jun 12 09:52:20 MST 2005

Matthew Simpson wrote:

> so telco PRI can have early media too  ? I thought that was a SIP only
> thing.  I'll have to have the lucent guys look at our switch then.. I
> think that is the problem.

Yes. Early media came from bellcore, I believe.  All of your
intercept-type messages utilize early media without ever sending Answer
Supervision, so to not get charged for those calls.

Also, more and more companies never send Answer Supervision until they
are ready for the calling party to respond to their IVR system, to save
5-10 seconds of billable time per call

Jeremy McNamara