[Asterisk-Dev] SIP Authentication problem between Cisco router and Asterisk when calls are forwarded

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jun 10 11:53:21 MST 2005

The real solution is *not* to mix extensions in the dial plan (phone
numbers) with device names. That will always lead to some sort of
problem. In some cases, it also will confuse the manager (me or you).
You need different name spaces for extensins and device names (peers/users).

Extensions are what we place calls to or from (phone numbers).
Peers/users are devices with certain permissions to use the pbx.

Good luck!

/Olle