[Asterisk-Dev] Patent lawyers?

Vince Vielhaber vev at michvhf.com
Wed Jun 1 07:08:07 MST 2005

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Dustin Wildes wrote:

> Just a thought - what about all the other commercial companies out there
> that are doing the same type of services, ie: Cisco Call Manager?
> Are they 'paying' patent fees in order to sell Call Manager?

The idea these folks are using is to go after the little guys that can't
afford to defend themselves (or are perceived as being unable to) so they
have a number of judgements in their favor as they get to the bigger guys.

Nonetheless, the patents should never have been granted.  I understand
that Computer & Communications Industry Association (ccianet.org) is
fighting it and there is supposed to be some legislation in the works
to make it easier/less expensive to challenge.  I haven't found any
details on that yet - haven't looked either tho.

Vince.
--
 Fast, inexpensive internet service 56k and beyond!  http://www.pop4.net/
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com